Look of the month: The golden girl
Metallics have always been at the frontier of fashion, but this year they have seen a complete transformation. We have seen many designers embrace the look, but no one does it quite like our old time favorite Alexander McQueen. Is it any wonder we chose this stunning piece as our last inspiration look of 2012?
With New Years celebrations just around the corner, we feel that every home needs a few shiny details here and there. For a more contemporary look, why not mix different shades of gold and platinum. These look great with natural woods and rustic details, and will turn your home into a festive heaven for the entire family.
Title Image: Gustav Christmas decorations
Main Look: Alexander McQueen resort collection 2013
Clockwise from top left:
- Wish Tree jewellery holder available from Anthropologie
- Michael Aram Lemonwood dish available from Heal’s
- Antique silver goblet available from Abigail Ahern
- Gold table lizard available from Dwell
- Pinas Oro Christmas decoration available from Zara Home
- Steele leather cushion available from Zara Home
- Beat Vessel Drop vase available from Tom Dixon